Coffee is a drink that is a seed of roasted coffee, and grows in more than 70 countries. Especially in the tropical regions of North and South America, Southeast Asia, the Indian subcontinent and Africa. Green coffee is said to be the second most traded commodity in the world after crude oil. And because they contain caffeine, coffee can have a stimulant effect for humans
1- Reducing the chances of developing diabetes
In 2005 research, it was found that the risk of developing type 2 diabetes in adults who drank 4-6 cups of coffee a day was about 30% lower than in people who drank up to two cups of coffee a day.
If you imagine yourself working in the office uncomfortably and with red eyes, remove suspicion from your hearts. Also, caffeine-free coffee can do the job.
2- Fight free radicals
We often forget that coffee is actually a plant, like any other plant. Coffee beans contain natural substances that the body feeds on.
In addition, it contains more than 1000 natural compounds of plant chemicals that enhance the immunity and health of the body.
Many of these phytochemicals are antioxidants that protect the cells of the body from the damage of oxidation caused by free radicals.
3- Improving memory and cognition
Researchers report that people who drank caffeinated coffee in the morning performed tasks related to learning new information better. Coffee can also improve cognitive function with age.
Another study found that the combination of coffee and something sweet gave the most effective effect, the combination of the two contributes to improving cognitive ability while improving memory in the short term.
Despite the multiple benefits mentioned above, they are not without damage, including:
Coffee can stimulate the body to produce calcium in the urine, and the loss of calcium needed to build bones causes a decrease in bone density and can lead to osteoporosis.
Drinking 150 ml of coffee leads to a loss of about 5 milligrams of calcium, but the loss of calcium caused by drinking coffee can be balanced by adding 2 tablespoons of milk to the cup of coffee or eating a little yogurt with it.
Although coffee contains antioxidants, excessive drinking can wrinkle the skin. The reason for this is that coffee is diuretic and drinking too much coffee can cause dehydration.
In case of dehydration, the skin loses its moisture and elasticity and appears wrinkled. So if you drank a cup of coffee in the morning, be sure to drink a cup of water afterwards.
It is especially recommended to soak a tablespoon of chia leaves in a cup of water for half an hour, after soaking the liquid should be drunk with seeds. Chia seeds, in addition to regular water supply, keep the body from drying out.
The caffeine in coffee beans causes fluctuations in the blood sugar level, the sudden rise in blood sugar causes the desire to eat sweets and increase appetite.
The tendency to present a piece of cake with a cup of coffee makes the body expect to obtain sugar with the first sip of a cup of coffee and a dose of caffeine that runs into the blood.
4- Traditional coffee is full of pesticides
The coffee plant is one of the crops that farmers tend to spray on regularly. Usually, the coffee plant is full of pesticides, herbicides and other chemicals that it is preferred not to enter into the body.
If you enjoy drinking a cup of coffee from time to time, choose an organic coffee mixture that is not subject to spray and pest control. Pesticides are harmful to the body and can cause illness.
Switching to drinking caffeine-free coffee is not a sufficient solution. Also, the caffeine-free coffee mixture can contain pesticides. Choose an organic coffee blend, either regular or caffeine-free.
Common types of coffee:
- Distillation coffee: This type is the most common in cafes and offices, and the distillation coffee is prepared through an automatic filter in the distillation machine. Whatever the type of grains: Robusta, Arabica, or roasted in any degree, and whether they areGrain is dark or light, it can be used in the automatic distillation machine. However, Colombian grains are the most preferred.
- Spilled: This type is prepared by pouring hot water over the ground coffee beans, and this method is considered the cheapest and simplest.
- French coffee: Put ground coffee beans in a pressure bowl with hot water and leave to boil for several minutes. Once the appropriate consistencyis obtained, the hand of the bowl is pressed down to separate the coffee beans from the water. Although French coffee can be made using any kind of roasted cereal, people prefer roasted dark grains.
- Cold coffee drink: This method is known as the tastiest way to make iced coffee. Cold coffee drink is prepared by mixing ground coffee beans with cold water and the mixture is left in the refrigerator until the next morning. Because of its caramelized properties, African medium-roasted cereals are preferred.
- Turkish coffee: The coffee beans are ground until completely powdered and mixed with water in the coffee pot / bowl and left on the fire to boil. The preferred coffee type is dark roasted Arabica.
- Espresso: Fully ground coffee is placed in a small metallic filter called a portafilter, where the water is heated and at some point the hot water is released into the metallic filter at high pressure. Espresso usually combines multi-size Arabica coffee and robusta beans, but the darker the beans, the better.
- Latte: Mix a dose of espresso with a little of whipped foam milk, as this drink depends on espresso. The same types of grains used in espresso are used in latte.
- Cappuccino: very similar to the latte, but it contains equal amounts of foam and whipped milk. The same types of coffee that are used in espresso are also used in this drink
Daily coffee drink tips
To get the positive effects without harming the body from drinking coffee, the following tips should be followed:
Drinking coffee during the day: stop drinking coffee before 6:00 pm.
Do not drink more than three cups of coffee a day: so as not to cause high blood pressure and cholesterol.
Choose filtered coffee: Because unfiltered coffee contains substances that are harmful to the body. And the coffee filter paper can be used to filter it yourself to get rid of these substances that cause high cholesterol in the blood.
- Drinking coffee without additives: It is preferable for coffee to be free of sugar and cream, as these additives cause severe harm to health and increase the chances of developing many diseases such as obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
Add cinnamon to coffee: you may not like its taste, but its benefits will encourage you to try it, as cinnamon helps reduce blood sugar, and it is also rich in antioxidants.
Cloves can also be added to coffee to give them a distinct flavor, and cloves also have anti-inflammatory and bacteriostatic properties.