Phenadone Syrup for the treatment of allergies and infections and for the treatment of coughing in the respiratory system. which is common for various reasons. whether it is air changes or other so you find that it is required to treat the above cases. because the drug contains two active substances. namely, the compound dexamethasone. and the chlorphenyr amine maleate compound They are present in certain proportions in syrup.
Phenadone Syrup ingredients:
- Dexamethasone, a type of cortisone, works as a powerful anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory.
- Chlorpheniramine is an antihistamine that reduces its effect on various allergic symptoms, such as a runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes and itching.
Indications of the Phenadone Syrup:
- Treating infections that occur in the middle ear.
- It treats allergies that affect the nose, as well as cases of asthma.
- Treating skin allergies, as well as allergies that result when taking certain types of medications.
- It treats insect bites, and what may happen as a result of exposure to some chemicals.
- Treatment of cases of urticaria, as well as swelling that occurs in the body.
- It is used in the treatment of some cases of rheumatic or hormonal diseases.
- Treatment of eye allergies and infections, as well as in cases of endocrine diseases.
- It is used in the treatment of allergic rhinitis, chest, as well as sinusitis, throat infections.
Phenadone syrup for allergies:
Among the most important uses that this drug treats for allergies include:
- It treats skin sensitivity because it is considered an antihistamine.
- Treating the majority of different types of allergies.
- Chest sensitivity and asthma treatment.
- Severe sore throat, sinus congestion, and treatment for many colds and flu cases.
- Treating insect bites and swelling of the body.
Phenadone for weight gain:
Dexamethasone in the medicine causes an increase in the appetite for food and water retention in the body, so the patient’s weight may increase throughout the treatment period, especially in the abdominal area, but it is temporary symptoms and will disappear after stopping taking it.
Phenadone syrup for cough:
It is used to treat coughing due to an allergy.
Venadon and Corona:
One of the most important drugs that must be stopped in light of the spread of the Corona crisis, including this drug because it reduces the activity of the patient’s immune system and thus will not have the ability to quickly overcome the disease.
Phenadon syrup for fattening:
This medicine helps with weight gain because it contains cortisone and helps retain fluids in the body, but it is temporary.
Phenadone for sore throat:
It is used to get rid of sore throat and get rid of the severe pain that the patient suffers because of it.
Phenadone for cough:
This medicine may be taken to relieve coughing and allergic reactions.
Dosage and method of using Phenadone syrup:
1- The dose is divided according to the different age groups, where children from 2 to 6 years old are given one teaspoon at a rate of 2.5 ml of syrup twice a day.
2- For children from 6 to 12 years old, the prescribed dose is one teaspoon at a rate of 2.5 ml of drinker 3 times a day.
3- As for adults and children over the age of 12 years, the prescribed dose is one teaspoon at a rate of 5 ml of syrup 3 times a day.
Side Effects of Phenadone Syrup:
- That the drug causes muscle weakness.
- The drink can cause tension in some cases or ringing in the ears.
- The drug may cause shortness of breath as well as chest tightness.
- In some cases, symptoms may appear in the form of stiff stomach pain.
- The emergence of some allergic symptoms such as severe skin irritation with severe itching, or cases of the appearance of a rash.
- It may cause weight gain because it retains fluid inside the body and as it accumulates, the weight increases.
In all cases, this drug should not be taken without consulting a doctor, with the necessity to adhere to the doses that he specifies and to be careful to take it on the dates that he sets, and in the event that side effects such as the ones we will mention now appear, he must stop taking it immediately and among the most important damages caused by this drug are the following :
- Causing disturbances in vision.
- Hearing disturbances in some cases using this medicine.
- Feeling stomach pain, and experiencing a state of extreme stress and anxiety.
- Difficulty getting or experiencing constipation.
- Sleep disturbances, weakness in the muscles of the body.
- High blood pressure.
Precautions and contraindications for Phenadone Syrup:
- If you suffer from hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, as well as to cortisone.
- It is forbidden to use this medicine in the case of people with fungal diseases.
- Do not use this medicine with people vaccinated with live vaccines.
- Also, the medicine should not be used on children under the age of two years.
- Use with caution in cases with tuberculosis or bacterial infection.
- As well as those who suffer from severe kidney failure, or who suffers from a stomach ulcer.
- It is important to take the drug with large doses of water with healthy meals and with less salt.